Dentistry, also known as dental medicine and oral medicine, is a branch of medicine that consists of the study, diadnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders, and conditions of the oral cavity, commonly in the dentition but also the oral mucosa and of adjacent and related structures and tissues, particularly in the maxillofacial (jaw and facial) area. Although primarily associated with teeth among the general public, the field of dentistry or dental medicine is not limited to teeth but includes other aspects of the carniofacialcomplex including the temporomandibular joint and other supporting, muscular, lymphatic, nervous, vascular, and anatomical structures.
At BGSGIMS, the state of the art Dental clinic is equipped with the latest and advancements in dentistry. The team approach to dentistry promotes continuity of care that is comprehensive, convenient, cost effective and efficient.
A team of highly skilled professionals includes an oral pathologist, orthodontist, maxillofacial surgeon, general dentist and a dental assistant.
We are doctors who specialize in oral health. Our responsibilities include:
- Diagnosing oral diseases.
- Promoting oral health and disease prevention.
- Creating treatment plans to maintain or restore the oral health of their patients.
- Interpreting x-rays and diagnostic tests.
- Ensuring the safe administration of anesthetics.
- Monitoring growth and development of the teeth and jaws.
- Performing surgical procedures on the teeth, bone and soft tissues of the oral cavity
Dentists’ oversight of the clinical team is critical to ensuring safe and effective oral care. An oral diagnostic center, with an interdisciplinary approach, aims towards quality treatment outcome.
Student Review About Course