M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT) was started in 1962 by Late Dr. M S Ramaiah, our Founder Chairman who was a renowned visionary, philanthropist, and a pioneer in creating several landmark infrastructure projects in India. Noticing the shortage of talented engineering professionals required to build a modern India, Dr. M S Ramaiah envisioned MSRIT as an institute of excellence imparting quality and affordable education. Part of Gokula Education Foundation, MSRIT has grown over the years with significant contributions from various professionals in different capacities, ably led by Dr. M S Ramaiah himself, whose personal commitment has seen the institution through its formative years. Today, MSRIT stands tall as one of India’s finest names in Engineering Education and has produced around 35,000 engineering professionals who occupy responsible positions across the globe.
- MSRIT was founded by the great Philanthropist, Visionary, Industrialist and Educationist Dr. M.S. Ramaiah on 4th August 1962 offering Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering branches under the leadership of Prof. C.R. Ramachandran who was the first Principal.
- Prof. Y. A. Prahalada Rao took over the responsibility of the HOD of Mechanical Engineering in the year 1963 and continued till 1977 as the Head. He became the Principal in 1971 and led the Institute commendably with the help of a dedicated team of faculty.
- Five year integrated course in Civil Engineering was started in the year 1971 and was headed by Prof. M. Venkata Krishnaiah.
M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology shall meet the global socio-economic needs through
1. Imparting quality technical education by nurturing a conducive learning environment through continuous improvement and customization.
2. Establishing research clusters in emerging areas in collaboration with globally reputed organizations.
3. Establishing innovative skills development, techno-entrepreneurial activities and consultancy for socio-economic needs.
Qualification: PLUS TWO
Duration: 4 YEAR
Specialization: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEERING