The Samvaad Institute of Speech and Hearing was established by Radhika Poovayya, Speech Language Pathologist with vast professional, clinical and teaching experience. The Institute is affiliated to the Bangalore Central University and is recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India. GSM Education Trust manages the activities of the Institute.
Established in 2005, the objectives of the institute are
- Train professionals in the specialized field of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology.
- Provide services to people with speech and language disabilities
- Increase public awareness and dispel myths about speech, hearing and behaviour problems
- To undertake clinical based research in the field of speech and hearing
- Excellent education in speech and hearing science
- Comprehensive rehabilitation of communication disorders
- To prepare students, through Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses in Speech and Hearing to become world class professionals by providing sound theoretical knowledge and excellent clinical training
- To establish the Institute as a reputed center for excellent diagnostic and rehabilitation services by providing professional and individualized care